Before you start your adoption process
* Before adopting a dog, please remember that this is a life-time commitment.
* If you rent, you must send us proof of your landlord's consent.
* You must be 21 or older to adopt from us.
* Ask yourself, do you have the financial means to provide the essential care?
* Depending on the dog and our assessment, we'll require the adopter to enroll the adoptee in basic obedience training. This is an amazing opportunity to reinforce good manners and basic commands, and most of all it's a valuable bonding experience between adopter and adoptee.
* Are all the animals in your home spayed/neutered? We are pro-spay/neuter and can't adopt or allow you to foster or adopt if you have unfixed animals in your home. Your pets must also be current on vaccinations, heartworm prevention and vet care.
* All dogs are fixed, before they leave our care. We do NOT and will NOT offer spay/neuter contracts.
* Please return our phone calls. If you don't return our call or message us, we won't finish processing your application.
* White Kisses GDR does evaluate temperament as well as health assessments, but we can make no guarantees on a dog's health and needs later in life.
1. Submit an application. All questions have to be answered. (Click on "Adoption Application"- red button below).
2. Allow us 2-5 business days to process an application. Applications get processed in the order we receive them.
3. A White Kisses representative will call you to discuss your application and which dog is the best fit (if approved).
4. A home and a vet check is required.
5. You pay the adoption donation and we help arrange pick up/transport in Texas. (Adopters must arrange transport out of Texas and is at adopter's own expense; plus, the Health Certificate)
5. You must sign and follow all of the Adoption Contract Guidelines.
6. Please - Give the dog time to acclimate to his/her new home. It is essential that the adoptee has time to adjust to his/hers new forever family, new environment and other animals. This can take time depending on the dog. We highly recommend no dog parks, no car rides, or other potential overwhelming experiences for the first 2 to 3 weeks. Starting your gentle giant's new journey by providing a safe and low-stress environment is key to a successful adoption!
Keep in mind when filling out our foster application, that we rescue mostly deaf/blind/special needs danes, but we do also rescue normal healthy danes. Fosters do not get the pick the dog placed in the home. We place our dogs at the foster home that is the best fit for the foster family and the dog’s needs. We take placement extremely seriously, whether foster or adoption.
We are pro-spay/neuter and can't allow you to foster if you have unfixed animals in your home. Your pets must also be current on vaccinations, heartworm prevention and vet care.
1. Submit Foster Application ("Foster Application"- red button below). Make sure to answer all the questions.
2. Fosters go through an application & home check process as well.
3. A White Kisses representative will call you once the application is processed.
To assist White Kisses GDR in continuing rescue work, the adopter makes a non-refundable donation. This donation is immediately used to pay ongoing costs of rescuing more Great Danes, including food, veterinary care, kennels, behavior training, etc.
Puppies (under 1 year)- $450.00
Adult Danes (2yo-5yo)- $375.00
Seniors (6yo & up) - $175.00
Mixes - Adoption Donation varies
All of the Dogs in our care are spayed/neutered, wormed, HW tested and started on HW prevention. They are fully vaccinated. They have seen a vet for any veterinary care required and are microchipped.