Before You Start the Adoption Process
* Before adopting a dog, please remember that this is a lifetime commitment.
* You must be 21 or older to adopt from us.
* If you rent, you must send proof of your landlord's consent.
* Ask yourself, do you have the financial means to provide the essential care for a Great Dane?
* All newly adopted Danes are required to attend basic obedience training. This is an amazing opportunity to reinforce good
manners and basic commands, and most of all it's a valuable bonding experience between adopter and adoptee.
* Are all the animals in your home spayed and/ or neutered? We are pro-spay/neuter and can't adopt or allow you to foster if \
you have unfixed animals in your home. Your pets must also be current on vaccinations, heartworm prevention and vet care.
* All dogs are fixed before they leave our care. We do NOT and will NOT offer spay/neuter contracts.
* Please return our phone calls. If you don't return our call or message us, we won't be able to finish processing your application.
* White Kisses GDR does evaluate temperament as well as health assessments, but we can make no guarantees on a dog's
health and needs later in life.
1. Submit an adoption application through our available dogs page. All questions must be answered.
2. There is a $20 adoption application fee that is a donation to the rescue and will be solely used toward caring for the dogs in
3. Allow us 3-5 business days to process an application. Applications get processed in the order we receive them.
4. A White Kisses representative will call you to discuss your application and which dog(s) are the best fit (if approved).
5. A home and vet check are required.
6. You pay the adoption donation and we help arrange pick up/transport in Texas. (Adopters must arrange transport outside of
Texas and is at adopter's own expense; plus, the Health Certificate.)
7. You must sign and follow all of the Adoption Contract Guidelines.
8. Please! Give the dog time to acclimate to his/her new home. It is essential that the Dane has time to adjust to his/hers new forever family, environment and other animals. This time varies depending on the dog. We highly recommend no dog parks, no going to stores, or other potentially overwhelming experiences for the first 2 to 3 weeks. Starting your gentle giant's new journey by providing a safe and low-stress environment is key to a successful adoption!
Keep in mind when filling out our foster application, that we rescue both special needs (deaf/blind/other) and non-special needs Great Danes. Fosters do not get to pick the dog placed in their home. We place our dogs at the foster home that is the best fit for the foster family and the dog’s needs. We take placement extremely seriously, whether foster or adoption.
We are pro-spay/neuter and can't allow you to foster if you have unfixed animals in your home. Your pets must also be current on vaccinations, heartworm prevention and vet care.
1. Submit a foster application through our available dogs page. All questions must be answered.
2. Fosters go through the same application and home check process as adopters.
3. A White Kisses representative will call you once the application is processed.
To assist White Kisses GDR in continuing rescue work, the adopter makes a non-refundable donation. This donation is immediately used to pay ongoing costs of rescuing more Great Danes, including veterinary care, food and housing, behavior training, etc.
Puppies (under 1 year) - $450.00
Adult Danes (1 year - 5 years) - $375.00
Seniors (6 years old & up) - $250.00
Mixes - Adoption donation fees vary
All of the Dogs in our care are fully vaccinated, spayed/neutered, dewormed,
microchipped, HW tested and are on monthly HW preventative.